Management of Active Shooter Training Program (MAST)
Active Shooter Response Planning, would you do?
An active shooter is defined as an individual who is actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in the hospital or on the hospital campus. In most cases active shooters use a firearm(s) and display no pattern or method for selection of their victims. In some cases active shooters use other weapons and/or improvised explosive devices to cause additional victims and act as an impediment to police and emergency responders.
The MABPRO Management of Active Shooter Training Program helps keep your workplace a safe place! Active shooter events in a healthcare setting present unique challenges: a potentially large vulnerable patient population, hazardous materials (including infectious disease), locked units, special challenges (such as weapons and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) machines (these machines contain large magnets which can cause issues with firearms, or remove it from the hands of law enforcement), as well as caregivers who can respond to treat victims.
There is no single method to respond to an incident, but prior planning will allow you and your staff to choose the best option during an active shooter situation, with the goal of maximizing lives saved. For hospitals and healthcare care systems, The MABPRO MAST Program will train and provide guidance through our comprehensive program offerings that address all levels of safety planning and response preparation.
MAST - Active Shooter Prepare/Response, what should you do?
Our 4 hour course will provide your staff with the thought process and knowledge needed to overcome and increase the chances of surviving an active shooter incident.
- Proper Mindset
- Mental Awareness
- Response To An Active Shooter
- Lock Down Procedures
- Survival Response
- Proper Response To Law Enforcement
- Do’s And Don’ts Of Explosives
Training will occur at your location so that personnel will know how to respond to an active shooter within your specific building configuration.
MAST - Active Shooter Facility Response Testing
Often times there is a lack of concern or understanding of security and safety measures needed to protect the facility. This makes you a soft target for an active shooter attack. Our Team of M4 Crisis Response Instructors will test your facility through simulated exercise and provide a After Action Video Review as part of your safety preparation program. These LIVE Drills help you and your facility understand the importance of planning, training, and a response that is developed from understanding the reality of Active Shooter Incidents.
- We physically assess the current security of your facility for weaknesses and recommend improvements or replacements, through an Active Shooter Drill that occurs at your facility with your employees.
- We check your organization’s grounds for accessibility to the public and determine what can be improved to deter an active shooter.
- Upon completion of the physical assessment process, you will be provided with a detailed video report outlining potential weaknesses and recommendations for maximizing the security and safety of your facility.