An Update from the President of MABPRO International:
16 MARCH 2020
Dear Valued MABPRO Students, Instructors and Customers:
We want to provide you with an update on how we here at MABPRO International are addressing the challenges of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response. We understand the importance in being proactive and in protecting our students, customers and employees.
As always, the health and safety of our customers and employees are our top priority. We have put in place enhanced cleaning measures including additional cleaning and sanitizing at all MAB Training Centers, field offices, and MABPRO Headquarters (MAB – HQ). This includes strengent and more frequent cleaning of heavily trafficked areas and hard surfaces including entrances, customer service areas, classrooms, and instructor/ student used equipment.
The following additional MABPRO measures are now in place to help our company and our customers get through the stress of the COVID-19 response:
- We have gathered very useful information on COVID-19 and updated our website @ https://mabproedu.com/resources/. This information includes access to handouts that students and employers can download to for distribution..
- We have expanded our already stringent equipment cleaning protocols and provided all instructors with the new updated guidance.
- To maintain the safety practice of social distancing all MABPRO Student Class sizes have been reduced from 30 maximum to 15 maximum.
- To maintain the safety practice of social distancing all MABPRO Instructor Class sizes have been reduced from 20 maximum to 10 maximum.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all M1 MAB Safe Evasion classes, and where possible MABPRO M1 MAB Classes will be taught with a co-instructor to offer demonstrator capability to the instructional element. safe evasion classes.
- M2 MAB Clinical Containment Classes are temporarily suspended.
- The minimum standards to host an off campus class have been reduced from 10 to 5.
- Blended Learning and Online courses have been discounted to allow for an affordable transitional option to meet MAB needs. SB1299 and AB508 compliant.
- We have expanded our MAB Webinar class schedule to provide training options to those telecommuting into work. Courses can be reached at:
- We will continue to adjust and take additional safety measures as needed to help our community carry business and training forward through this time of COVID-19 Response.
These are unusual times for us all and there is definitely a level of fear that is unprecedented in recent years. However, I believe our customers, families, students, instructors, office staff and MABPRO field staff are a tight knit community built of caring and resilient people. Together we will get through this by being understanding of each other’s needs, their fears, and anxiousness. We are in this together and we will get out of this together as an even stronger community.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact the admin team, we will do our best to address.
President – MABPRO International
COVID-19 Response Information
What is a Coronavirus and what can we do?
It is the unknown that adds the edge to fear, we can combat this by working together and providing the education that is needed to keep us all safe. Planned responses allow for calmer reactions and a more effective utilization of our combined efforts.
Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (nCoV) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans. COVID-19 is the name of this virus.
The button below will take you to our resource library. We have tried to locate answers to the questions that we all worry about and are asking. MABPRO will be updating this section as more information is made available. If you have additional information you would like to add to the COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions section of the Resource Library, the more we work together the faster we can contain the virus and the fear.